Press "Enter" to skip to content

Two Kogi Poly Students Die from Generator Fumes

Two Kogi Poly Students Die from Generator Fumes

Two students from Kogi State Polytechnic in Lokoja tragically passed away after breathing in fumes from a nearby generator placed near their window overnight.

The State Police Public Relations Officer, SP William Ovye Aya, confirmed the incident, identifying the deceased as 20-year-old Bilikisu Eleojo and Ibrahim Haliru.

According to Aya, the victims fell asleep and unfortunately succumbed to the fumes before dawn.

Their lifeless bodies were recovered in the room by neighbours in the early hours of Thursday.

Aya said: “There were three students from Kogi State Polytechnic inside the room. One Bilikisu Tijani Eleojo, 20 years old, Ibrahim Haliru, and Mercy Ojochegbe.

“When they slept inside their room, a generating set was switched on close to the window of their apartment.

“They all slept off and inhaled carbon monoxide as a result of the generating set that was switched on.

“Bilikisu Tijani Eleojo, and Ibrahim Haliru were already dead when neighbours discovered the sad incident in the morning while Mercy Ojochegbe who was still breathing was immediately rushed to the hospital.

“The incident was reported at the ‘B’ Division of the Nigeria Police Force Lokoja and investigation is ongoing.”

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *