The untimely death of Aisha Bello Mustapha, a distinguished broadcaster renowned for her remarkable career with the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), has left Nigerians in mourning, following the announcement on Monday, December 11.
Here are key facts encapsulating the life and legacy of the late Aisha Bello Mustapha:
1. A Legacy of Service: Aisha served the NTA for an impressive 35 years, retiring in May 2022, marking the end of a dedicated career that left an indelible mark on the broadcasting industry.
2. Versatile Skill Set: Aisha was not only a seasoned journalist but also excelled in television production, broadcasting, editing, and administration. Her notable role as the General Manager of NTA Parliament showcased her versatility and professionalism, establishing her as one of NTA’s most esteemed voices.
3. Impactful Media Presence: Aisha Bello’s influence in Nigerian media is profound. From her beginnings at NTA, she rose through the ranks, holding positions such as Assistant Director of News and, eventually, becoming the General Manager of NTA Parliament. Her presence on NTA Network News during the ’90s and early 2000s further solidified her status as a respected figure in the industry.
4. Academic Pursuits: Rooted in her commitment to knowledge, Aisha earned a Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication/Media Studies from Ahmadu Bello University, reflecting her dedication to both professional and academic excellence.
5. Funeral Arrangements: The family of Aisha Bello Mustapha has announced that her funeral prayer is scheduled for Monday at 1 pm in the National Mosque in Abuja, providing an opportunity for friends, family, and well-wishers to pay their respects.
Aisha’s passing is not only a loss to the broadcasting community but also a reminder of the enduring impact of her contributions to Nigerian media. May she rest in peace.